Rentalsman, Saint John Regional Office
|Record #: HDC0176||Last Modified: 11 Jul 2019||Last Full Update: 11 Jul 2019|
|Toll Free Phone||CALL CENTRE ONLY: Within North America: 1-888-762-8600 (no charge dial) Outside North America: 1 (506) 684-7901|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 5001
15 King Sq
Saint John, NB E2L 4Y9
|Description & Services|
|Description of service(s)||The Office of the Rentalsman provides New Brunswick’s tenants and landlords, covered under the Residential Tenancies Act, with accurate information, fair and expedient resolution to residential tenancy conflicts.
The Office of the Rentalsman also administers, in trust, all security deposits.
Information bulletins and forms are available online at www.snb.ca/irent, including:
• Residential Lease (Standard Form of Lease) - New Brunswick leases now cover tenancy agreements for apartments, houses, condo, rooms and mobile homes sites. The lease is a contract which contains crucial information about the tenancy, and becomes an essential communication tool between the tenant and the landlord.
• Accommodation Inspection Report - recommended to be used by renters to provide an accurate record of the condition of the rented property when the tenant moves in and out.
• Security Deposit Remittance Form – all security deposits must be filed along with this form at the Office of the Rentalsman. This form can now be filed directly on line and funds can be transferred electronically.
• Application for return of Security Deposit & Application to Rentalsman for a Certificate - tenants must apply in writing or on line for a refund or transfer of their security deposit when the tenancy is over. These forms can now be filed and sent directly on line.
• Security Deposit Claim Form – Landlord’s must file a written claim against a security deposit within seven days of the tenancy terminating.
|Hours||Mon to Fri.: 8:30 am-8 pm
|Areas Served||Charlotte County ; Kings County ; St John County|
|Boundaries||Serves St. Stephen to Sussex|
|Eligibility||Renters and landlords in New Brunswick|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Located In Community||Saint John|
|Address & Map||
Service New Brunswick
15 King Sq, 2nd Flr
Saint John, NB E2L 1E6
View Google Map
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible ; ***Note that accessibility is self-reported. Please contact the organization before arrival***|
|Service Level||(30) Provincial Government|
|Service Categories||Landlord Rights Information/Counselling ; Landlord/Tenant Dispute Resolution ; Tenant Rights Information/Counselling|