|Record #: HDC0195||Last Modified: 17 Nov 2020||Last Full Update: 17 Nov 2020|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-267-2384|
|Mailing Address||c/o Charities Directorate Canada Revenue Agency
Ottawa, ON K1A 0L5
|Description & Services|
|Description of service(s)||The Charities Directorate of the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) registers charities, Canadian amateur athletic associations, and other qualified donees; gives technical advice on operating a charity; and handles audit and compliance activities.
The Charities Directorate maintains:
• the Charities Listings, a searchable list of Canadian charities; and
• a list of other qualified donees (organizations that are eligible to issue official donation receipts).
Registered charities must file an annual information return with the CRA, a substantial portion of which is available to the public on the Charities Listings.
The Charities Directorate also:
• provides general information to the public about registered charities;
• handles requests for public documents such as a registered charity's annual information return and/or financial statements; and
• provides donors with information on how to donate wisely.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am to 6 pm Eastern Time (except statutory holidays)|
|Application||Visit the Web site:
• to confirm that a charity is registered or that a qualified donee is listed with CRA;
• for information, guidance, and advice on becoming registered as a charity, and maintaining that status;
• for information on how to donate wisely; and
• to access forms and publications.
|Languages||English ; French|
|Located In Community||Ottawa|
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible ; ***Note that accessibility is self-reported. Please contact the organization before arrival***|
|Service Level||(40) Federal Government|
|Print Material||Forms and publications are available online, and in hard copy by request.|
|Service Categories||Charitable Organization Complaints ; Charitable Organization Registration ; Charity Information|